Friday, December 3, 2010

Stardate 1210.03 USS Remillard Captain Bindi McKinnon

As we get under way, moving away from the more densely populated neighborhood of the Apha Quadrant and towards Tholian space, I've read my sealed orders and delayed thinking about the disturbing personal aspect of my assignment by finally settling on a motto for the Remillard. This is something that I've thought long and hard about. I resisted the urge to hurry this decision, because the motto will remain after I've moved on. I've come up with something that seems apt for our first mission, and will hopefully provide some inspiration for future crews and captains. The words of Joan of Arc:

"One life is all we have and we live it as we believe in living it. But to sacrifice what you are and to live without belief, that is a fate more terrible than dying..."

No comments: