Thursday, March 5, 2009

Stardate 0309.06 IKS Ab'Qaff Ha'toria System

Stardate 0309.06 IKS Ab'Qaff Ha'toria System

While picking up our Dk'tagh Class Fighters from the shipyards here, I learned to my disappointment that my brother Krom will be delayed in launching. I had hoped to fly side by side with him, for the first time in almost a decade, but refits to the Sword of Kahless are not complete. The mission, however, cannot wait. Krom will join in due time. In the meantime, I have begun to get to know this Command Carrier. It's design history stretches back more than ten years, when the prototype was built but immediately rejected by Gowron. What difference it might have made in the early days of the Dominion War we will never know. The Ab'Qaff Class, once known as the Dk'tagh Class, has an overall length of 700 meters, an overall draft of 95 meters, and an overall beam of 255 meters. It is a very large ship, with more weapons and other tactical systems than anything except the Negh'Var, but in fact what pleases me most about this ship is the honor of having it named for my House. I have served the Empire long and honorably, and I intend to continue, but not from the Council. I lead from the front. That is the mission of the Ab'Qaff and it's Battle Group.

Our mission involves the disappearance of two Klingon heavy cruisers, the Ling'taH and the dIng'patlh. While overseeing the installation of a science station monitoring a supposedly stabilized wormhole in the Barzan system, the Federation starship Achilles detected transponder codes which it identified as belonging to our ships. The Ab'Qaff, and the Sword of Kahless when it joins me, will investigate what is on the other side of this wormhole, and how the Ling'taH and the dIng'patlh fit in. We expect to reach Barzan in three days.



How Much Star Trek Can You Handle?
Fantasy Trek. Not Just a Game. It's a Star Trek Experience
http://fantasytrek.blogspot.com

No comments: